Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Fred Kiesche <recursive_loop@y...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:18:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

you are using spray paint and losing detail, then you are putting too
much on.

You can always add...it's hard to subtract. It's kind of like the
"measure twice, cut once" advice in carpentry. Spray from a consistent
distance, a consistent pressure. Keep the can moving forward. Spray
once, wait, spray a second time after looking. "A little dab will do
it!"

As for things to practice on, any local hobby shops with model
railroading stuff? Seriously, a couple of HO or N scale houses with
brickwork and the like will give you a lot of surfaces to practice dry
brushing on.

F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book.
Always, scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on
being presented with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman
Empire.) Blogging at The Lensman's Children and TexasBestGrok!