Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Drybrushing practice

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@f...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:57:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Replied to from digest, my apologies if this does not "thread" properly.

For drybrushing, I test the brush to see if it's ready for dry-brushing
by running it over the back of my hand.  When the paint feels a tiny bit
tacky as it goes on my hand and doesn't flow into the tiny wrinkles and
creases in my skin it's ready.

The pictures linked to by Mike look like the brush was too moist.  It's
also possible that the brush used might have bristles that are too soft
for dry-brushing.  Perhaps a combination of the two.

I hope that helps.

It's also nice to see that the write-up I did of the wet-pallete
technique is still being pointed to as a useful source of info.

Take care folks!

--Flak Magnet

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Drybrushing practice