Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... (oven) Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:20:34 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Fred Kiesche wrote:

> Not sure if this would help...but are you priming first?
Yeah, black.

I'm at wits end here gang.  How do I learn this when I'm ruining minis
hand over fist?   I only have a handfull resin ships, which I haven't
seen
a way to strip them when I totally botch the paint job.  The only other
ships
I have are a set of new NSL from Jon.  I'm not going near those again
until
I get something that works.  What do I practice on?

How I got into this mess:
I went to the respected local game store and was pointed to the local
painting guru.	He looked at what I wanted and what I had and suggested
drybrushing and said I should
prime in black then 3 drybrush layers: dark grey, medium grey, then
light
grey.

The dry brushing killed all the detail on the first mini.  Hand painting
isn't much better.

I just want a simple easy paint job that won't get me laughed at.

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... (oven) Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...