Prev: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] FT New Fleet SSD resource now available!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:00:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] FT New Fleet SSD resource now available!

SOME of us figured that out a long time ago... ;->=

If I WERE to kvetch, it would be that he hadn't grouped the SSD's images
in
a size that would print properly for either letter or A4 allowing RL
cutting-and-pasting, but that would just be markedly lazy. Which I are,
but
don't necessarily advertise.

HUGE thanks to both Jon and Dean for getting this out there!

Dean, how can that site possibly be improved?!?!? Just beautiful!

Allan Goodall wrote on 09/04/2008 10:03:32 AM:

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Dean Gundberg
> <Dean.Gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:
>
> > They are not squished as the height/width ratio is correct, but they
are
> > resized so they fit on the page without messing up all of the
formatting and
> > thus the quality of the image is down.
>
> Gotcha! That makes sense.

Do fleet book designs follow the ratings? As the ratings no longer
control
ships costs, I don't think they're more than guidelines now. Anyway, as
for
new ships-expansion, newer is ALWAYS better!

Have you seen the new Space Marines codex, just to toss in a long
missing
Evil Empire (tm) reference.

Anyway, now it seems to make more sense to give classes based on a
number
of things, including varieties of weapons, hull strength, thrust, etc.

VinsFullThrust wrote on 09/04/2008 04:20:24 AM:

> Looking over these new designs I am noticing that TMF factors are
> blowing way out of the class ratings.
> For example, (...)

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...