Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] IJN Miniatures

Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 07:43:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

>I've had it with these plastic stands.  The plastic
>bases are okay because I end up mounting them on
>a fender washer to lower the center of gravity, but
>the plastic posts are for the birds.  They break too
>easily.
>
>So, I'm looking through the GZG online store.
>FT 004 does not seem suitable as it uses a
>plastic post.	FT-003 is described as a "large
>hex stand (metal)".  How large is the hex base?
>Is the post metal?

The metal hex is about 2" (50mm) across; yes, the post is metal. We
supply these with most of the very large (BDN/SDN) ships.

>FT-STAND-MET has a plastic base with metal post
>for bigger ships.  How large is the platic base?

The same as the all-plastic stand, the metal post is a casting of the
plastic one and thus a direct replacement. If you're happy with the
size of the regular plastic stand, but simply want stronger posts,
this is the way to go. We supply these stands with all the
medium-sized ships (BC/BB size) .

Jon (GZG)