Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] SFB to Full Thrust conversions [sec=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] SFB to Full Thrust conversions [sec=PERSONAL]

Re: [GZG] [FT] SFB to Full Thrust conversions [sec=PERSONAL]

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 19:53:08 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] SFB to Full Thrust conversions [sec=PERSONAL]

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Robertson, Brendan
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> 'cause I'm bored at work again; cleaning up:
>
> SFB => Full Thrust

I will intersperse my comments in your post

> Shields = armour

Shields have to be directional, or it is Starfire, not SFB.
Directional shielding is pretty much a make-or-break feature to the
feel of the game.

> Phaser1 = B-3
> Phaser2 = B-2
> Phaser3 = B-1
> Phasor4 = B-4
> PhasorG = Pulsar-S

The phaser-4 is too light, it needs to do enough damage that a group
of them can stove in the typical shielding of a cruiser past the range
of a phaser-3.

> Photon Torp = Pulse Torp
> Disruptor = K-2

This breaks the important distinction that while the photorp has
serious crunch power, it misses alot (the photon torpedo has the same
hit probability for 5-8 hexes that the disruptor has for 16-22 hexes).
 A better fit might be k-4's for the photon torpedoes and LR-pulse
torpedoes for the disruptors.

> Hellbore = 2x Pulse Torp

Without directional shielding, hellbores cannot be ported to FT.

> Plasma Torp = P-bolt-2/4/6 (1 target only, not area)

As plasma torpedoes are faster than ships, and guided, they are placed
after movement.  If you can stomach borrowing the SFB master weapon
chart, give it one strength for every ten points of warhead.

> PPD = Graser-2

Personally, I belive that the PPD should be like a beam, only with
more opportunity for re-rolls.

> Fusion Beam = unlimited Submunition pack (mass=3)
> 1 Drone = 2 Torpedo fighters
> ADD = PDS

No strong opinions.

> All weapons can act as B-1 vs drones/missiles.

That degrades the effectiveness of phaser-1's, -2's, and 4's against
drones and fighters.