Prev: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval Next: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval

Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

From: "Star Ranger" <dean@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:51:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

> > Has anyone out there done any serious SFB-to-FT conversions? I
> > mean, beyond
> > phasers and photon torpedoes. I'm looking for ideas on modeling
Hydran
> > fusion beams and hellbores (thinking the graser mechanic for
> > the hellbore),
> > Lyran ESGs and other oddities like that.
>
> I would suggest trying an FT conversion from Federation Commander, as
> it is closer to FT, but is as faithful an adaptation to SFB lite, as
> we are likely to get.

Actually there is an Official* SFB to Starmada conversion in the works
Klingon Armada (the working title) might be an easier conversion base
whenever it comes out.

Amarillo Design Bureau is licensing their Star Fleet Universe for use
with
Starmada, Silent Death, VBAM (a campaign system) and Battlestations! (a
combination rpg/tactical space combat game).  Each of these games gets
an
official Trekish universe to play in and ADB gets a larger market for
their
starship miniatures.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval Next: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval