Prev: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions Next: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:48:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

For a remotely faithful SFB-FT conversion, you will need to love the
Sa'Vasku energy plotting

The graser is a much better mechanic for the fusion beam, but with a
lower cost and different range bands.  I would suggest something like:

Four dice 0-2, three dice 2-6, two dice 6-10 and one die 10-15

For a fusion beam, you definitely want something that is savagely
destructive at close ranges and almost pointless outside the range of
a class-1 beam.

A serious complication is the very different damage models.  A SDN in
FT might take eighty hits to destroy, but a SFB CA seldom takes less
than a hundred.

Direct conversions are also complicated by the decision trees for each
ship.

I would suggest trying an FT conversion from Federation Commander, as
it is closer to FT, but is as faithful an adaptation to SFB lite, as
we are likely to get.