Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

From: "Bill Brush" <bbrush@g...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:39:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM,  <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:
> I agree here. You used the system to your advantage. In real life,
designers
> of weapons are going to push the envelope and find the savings in
weight and
> component space if they can. All you did was find a way to do this in
the
> game and nothing kept your friends/opponents from doing the same, so
who are
> they to criticize.
>
> Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Honestly it's pretty much par for the course.  Take any sort of
homebrew into a gaming club or store to play the canon forces in any
sort of "competitive" game and 90% of the time you'll get a negative
reaction unless the canon forces just clean house with the homebrew.
At this point I can't even say it really surprises me.	Most gamers
don't want to "push the envelope" and that's probably just as well as
you will rapidly break games if you get into an arms race.  It does
tend to make things a tad frustrating  for those of us who are
habitually unsatisfied with stuff "out of the box."

After that I went into historical gaming because no one calls the WWII
Germans "cheesy" because they have more heavily armored tanks, plus I
played American so the equipment is mediocre at best.  Now I'm mostly
retired from mini gaming, so things are much easier since the computer
never complains that I'm not playing fair.

Bill

Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential