Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Colonial wars was Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER

Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:38:38 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining

On 7/27/08, Adrian1 <al.ll@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I have no particular bias but why does Canada need a large army?

They would if the citizens of Canada were serious about being taken
seriously by Americans, rather than wanting to spend paltry amounts of
money on their tiny army, and then bitching on the internet[0] that
they don't get taken seriously.

As long as they are suckling the Yankee tit, no, they don't need a
large army, nor (more to the point) do they need one capable of
operating as anything other than an extension of a US or UN operation
with Someone Else[1] providing 95%+ of the logistical support.	But
then again that's every one in NATO, besides us and the Brits.

John
[0]Which is rather like masturbation, except without the climax
[1]A Very Specific Someone Else
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Colonial wars was Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER