Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:24:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

At 1:09 PM +0100 7/28/08, Adrian1 wrote:
>Isn't it possible in some countries to get hold of military grade
>vehicles including MBTs.  I don't know what the heaviest weapon a
>civilian is allowed to have but a bunch of ex-army techs with a mind to
>cause trouble might be able to do so,

Tanks, Armoured cars, artillery. In the UK, the
Firearm's Owners Card for a .22 is about the same
as it is for a 155mm Long Tom from WWII. The fact
is though, that the ammo is rare and hard to get
and you need more than one person to run one.

Tank ammo is easier but still quite hard to get.
>From a factual standpoint, the worst thing people
with private MV's have had issues with is perhaps
speeding or lack of proper registration (ie tags)
documents.

>Who remembers that new footage of the National guardsmans who stole an
>MBT and joyrid it down th e motorway.

Yeah, that was a stolen vehicle. And he screwed
that tank up pretty good. You'd never see me
doing that to my ferret.

Organized crime could buy it's own armoured cars
(think money dellivery). They've yet to do that.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential