Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

From: Zoe Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:47:51 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

Don M wrote:
> superpower we learnt the US and USSR states and capitals (thereby
> indicating that yes I was in high school 20+ years ago).
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth
>
> I learned "Red Cities" too, over twenty years back now but, that was a

> targeting issue....)
I learnt some of my Australian geography, to wit, the location of some
of our Uranium mines, from maps written in cyrillic.
Some of the information was hilariously innaccurate though.

25 years ago I was doing my best to make sure the right side won the
Cold War. I don't miss those days one bit.

It was interesting when the wall came down, and we got access to the
goodies from the late unlamented DDR.

Zoe

Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential