Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:37:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

I wonder whether the use of peacetime conscription changes a country's
culture appreciably? I'm inclined to say it should, but I haven't seen
anything on it.

Of course, in a setting where you have strong transhumanist elements,
you could well see conscription from birth (kind of like genetic
Janissaries), which would probably introduce a whole new dimension of
complexity to the question.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM,  <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> wrote:

> 1) Of those smaller nations that John pointed to as punching above
their
> weight all/most have compulsory military service (which Canada and
Australia