Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining Next: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:50:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

At 5:48 PM +0000 7/27/08, emu2020@comcast.net wrote:
>Not an excuse, but more just a reality, that
>most Americans are touched less in their day to
>day lives by other countries than some other
>nations. Sure we trade wit hthem and we are
>connected on a political and economic basis, but
>when it comes to just the day to day. If I go
>500 miles from home, I'm still in America. In
>some parts of the world that is either outside
>the country or into another country or more.
>
>I still think Americans should pay more attention.

Not just to geography and what's going on, but to
history itself. Most people I've come across who
argue against the War in Iraq have next to ZERO
understanding of  what was going on there and
even less of an understanding of history.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining Next: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge