Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, was Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS! Next: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, was Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

From: "Bill Brush" <bbrush@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:27:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

Man this would be funny if the irony wasn't so painful.  :-)

Back in the day when I was designing a fleet and attendant doctrine I
was going by the "round up" rule for turns, so I did what I considered
the most logical thing to do, which was give all my ships an odd
thrust rating.	When asked about it I said truthfully that I did it to
get the extra turn as my doctrine was designed for maneuverability,
and lots of short-range firepower at the expense of no long-range
firepower.   I was then roundly criticized and castigated for being
"cheesy", etc, etc, etc.   Not needing any further headaches I pretty
much shelved my FT plans and moved on to other things.

Ah well, such is life.	:-)

Bill

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Michael Llaneza
<maserati@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Jason Weiser wrote:
>> Hmm...this could be a lot of fun.
>>

> I'm inclined to agree. It'll have a positive effect on ship designs.
You