Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:27:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

TomB wrote on 07/24/2008 10:35:09 AM:

> Hmmm.
>
> That's two special offers for the middle part of North America without
any
> reference to the Northern part. I don't begrudge my USAian friends
their
due.
> Celebrating Independence Day with a sale was a fine idea. So is this
offer to
> the troops.
>
> But I was a little miffed when Canada Day (July 1st) wasn't worthy of
notice.
> Now I'm a bit more miffed that Canadian military gamers aren't worthy
of
> support - we're doing our bit in Afghanistan's hotter regions
alongside
the
> British and Americans.
>
> I'm beginning to feel like Jon just doesn't love us anymore.
>
> I'm not specifically bemoaning that I can't get some loot for a fellow
gamer -
> my friends in the forces are between overseas tours, the next one
scheduled to
> rotate in as a liaison between the Provincial Reconstruction Team and
the
main
> forces later this year in Afghanistan. But I am a bit annoyed that the
only
> people that seem to get any notice in North America are our southern
neighbours.

I'm shamed that I failed to think of this, and of the many other troops
supporting the effort. Not all have English as a native language, even
though you'd think so from how well their unofficial reps write on this
list.

Jon may have a business excuse for being so focused. I certainly do not.

> And the Queen of England, Scotland and Wales is still OUR head of
state!
WE
> didn't dump all the tea in the harbour and send the English packing...

Some people can REALLY hold a grudge...

> TomB
> True, North, Strong and Inconsequent

Yes, Yes, Yes, and NEVER!