Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS! Next: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:59:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

>In Full Thrust 2nd Ed 1992, half the thrust rating
>rounded UP could be used for changing course.
>
>In Fleet Book 1 1998, it became half the thrust
>rounded DOWN.
>
>Now in Full Thrust Light 2008, it's back to UP.
>
>I don't have any strong opinion either way (unlike
>my other posting on FT Light), but I'm curious as
>to why it changed. Synchronisation with the orbit
>of Jupiter?

Mainly for simplification; going back to the original means that we
no longer have to have a special exception to the rule to cover
thrust-1 ships. It also makes odd-thrust ships a little more agile
again, which is probably a good thing.

In general, Simple = Good, provided "simple" does not become
"simplistic"....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)