Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:52:54 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_6817_1216680774_2

do you fight a country that can afford to lose a million people a year
and still have plenty left over?

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com>

My grandfather was a barber, among other things, during World War II.
He related once that a Chinese guy came into his shop for a haircut, and
while they were observing the progress of the war in east Asia going on
at the same time, made the following observation (although in
considerably less polite terms by modern politically correct standards):
"Ten Chinese killed for every Japanese?  ...Pretty soon, no more
Japanese."

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t-online.de>

> John Atkinson schrieb:
> > And also buys into the myth of 'overwhelming economic resources'
being
> > the decisive factor.
> >
> > I never saw anyone killed with a chunk of GNP.
>
> I would describe a tank or plane, a bullet or a nuke as a 'chunk of
GNP'