Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:11:01 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Oerjan Ariander
<orjan.ariander1@comhem.se>
wrote:

> It wouldn't have hurt for the books, but how? Once the landings in
Sicily
> and Normandy had succeeded, what doubt was there left about the
eventual
> outcome of WW2? Even the Bulge was really just a minor setback in the
> greater perspective...

In many ways the issue was never in doubt for WWII.  Once the USA was
involved, it was merely a matter of expending the resources.  In other
ways
there was some room.  The allies were totally in the  dark about  nerve
gas.   The reason that the nazis never used it was partly due to DDT
also
being an organophosphate chemical, and all organophosphate chemistry was
kept secret to shield the secret of DDT, so the Nazis just assumed that
the
allies had it, too.  I saw a recent documentary that, while not
conclusive,
discusses evidence that the japanese actually tested an enriched uranium
bomb, but never put enough resources behind it to change the War.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)