Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:46:15 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

On 7/17/08, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, victim-operated is a really odd description. Makes it sound like
> something you'd do intentionally. <ick!>

Term of art.  It refers to a device which operates as a result of the
action of the victim.  A tripwire, for instance,is victim operated
because the person who laid it does not detonate it, you do when you
trip over it.  So is a pressure plate, whether a factory-made one on
top of a land mine or a pair of hacksaw blades hooked to a battery and
a blasting cap.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS