Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:17:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think you're missing my point. Not having a working grav technology
> at all, neither of us has any clue how a "real" grav mine would work,
> what its limitations would be, or whether countermeasures (if possible
> at all) would require a specialized vehicle or not. This is because
> grav is still totally speculative. It might be fun and engaging
> speculation, worth including in a game, but at the moment if we really
> want to be realistic we wouldn't have grav in the first place.

It comes from the principle of reciprocity.  If the hull does not block
the
gravitic emanations on the way out, it will not be too much of a
hindrance
for gravitic emanations on the way in.	The frustrating part of
hardening
radios and other EM receivers to EMP is that antennas are supposed to
collect energy and conduct it through the hull surface, to the
equipment.

Then there is the matter that general relativity rules out anything that
blocks gravity.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS