Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:33:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Yeah I realize it sounds strange. What I'm getting at is, is there a
fundamental physical difference between a mine and an IED? I mean
other than the fact that you only have a couple IEDs in a spot at any
given time vs a minefield. I wouldn't have thought that there was, but
from the discussion on the list and the proposed mechanics, it sounds
like there is a huge difference. Otherwise you could just say that an
IED is a one-shot minefield.

On 7/16/08, Eli Arndt <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:
> This question is an odd one. Isn't an IED, by its very nature,
improvised.
> If you are designing a device to do the job of an IED, it's not an
IED, it's