Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:08:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

2) OA: Sorry for misreading/quoting you on the ignoring hits on 6+
wheels
bit. I didn't read what you'd written (thought I had, but had not). Mea
culpa.

3) It makes perfect sense (now that John mentions it) that the results
of
these efforts are considered a secured piece of information. I had just
suspected that Jane's or somebody (what's that site Oerjan loves to poke
holes in that is full of military data that is at least somewhat dodgy?
FAS?) would have some sort of ballpark figures that could give
reasonable
in-game approximations.

4) John: I had heard that (at least in Afghanistan) the use of culverts
is
an issue - you can't block them off (they serve a drainage purpose), you
can
put up a barrier but the Taliboneheads can cut through it or remove it,
and
they can be packed with a fairly sizable amount of explosives. Digging
the
big hole in the middle of the hardpan and trying to camouflage it -
that's
not going to be very workable as you point out. This explains most of
the
'roadside' or smaller bombs. But a culvert, if you can get it loaded up,
can
be a goodly sized boom. BTW, I'm glad the command detonated mines aren't
supremely accurate - want to see you keep coming home in one piece! :0)

5) Thanks again, one and all. I've got a lot of the grist to write
something
up now.

TomB
--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS