Prev: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: What are the pitfalls of standardised forces? Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:34:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

t would the chances of suspension damage on a non-penetrating belly hit
be for a buried IED?

Can you knock out (systems down) on an IED target?

Also, since you can miss (I concede timing might be off), then how do
you
determine a hit? Range might or might not matter (I tend to think not
much).
So some sort a QD roll vs ?

OA suggests ignoring mobility hits on 6+ wheeled vehicles. From what I
can
see with the Canadian LAVs, anytime they get hit, they tend to stop.
Crew
tend to be rattled enough not to be immediately mobile and often times
the
LAV will tip or flip. That's a non-penetrating kill.

How do you simulate that reasonably?

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine