Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:30:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

At 12:27 PM -0600 7/14/08, Richard Bell wrote:
>The MBT and the other vehicles nominally using the MBT's running gear
will not have the same maintenance, spares and cross country speed;
unless they are all the same weight.  Cross country speed is a
combination of the ratios of power-to-wieght and sprung weight to
unsprung weight.  An APC on an MBT's running gear, that does not have
the same armor, will need to have a softer suspension.

Different rate torsion bars will take care of that. I've seen where the
Aluminum and Steel road wheels for the Bradleys and derivatives were
interchangeable across all vehicles EXCEPT where the steel wheels had to
be on the front stations on Bradleys for their higher durability. ...at
least I think that's what I recall from one maintanance conversation on
the subject.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS