Prev: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces? Next: [GZG] TO&E

[GZG] [OT (DS3?)] Dragon Wars the movie

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:19:15 +1000
Subject: [GZG] [OT (DS3?)] Dragon Wars the movie

Remember the movie Reign of Fire, with a poster that
showed helicopter gunships battling dragons over London?
Well if you walked out feeling cheated because we never
actually saw that battle, here's a movie that makes up
for it. It's called Dragon Wars, or possibly D-Wars.

It's a dreadful movie about fate, prophecies, ancient
evil, and really big snakes. But at about the three
quarter mark there's a pitched battle in Los Angeles.
In the air, AH-64 gunships take on dragons of roughly
similar size. On the ground, US infantry with M113s
and M1 tanks take on evil infantry with bullet proof
shields, swords, and polearms; similar evil cavalry on
bipedal lizards; and really big evil lizards each with
a pair of triple barrelled rocket launchers on their
backs.

Sadly for the recent artillery debate, we don't see
any indirect fire support from either side :-) Still,
it might make a fun scenario for a convention.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces? Next: [GZG] TO&E