Prev: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces? Next: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:05:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

Or if the design board has their heads REALLY up
their backsides, they'll base a NEW vehicle on an
OLD chassis design that's being phased out of the
MBT business. Say like the Sgt York which was
based on a M48 chassis and was supposed to
somehow provide support to M60A3s and M1s which
could more or less get up and leave it behind.

I never understood why we just didn't buy the Gepard  turret
and retrofit it to an M1!