Prev: Re: [GZG] 6mm equivalent? Next: Re: [GZG] 6mm equivalent?

Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:52:01 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks

Oerjan wrote in reply to John Tailby:

>  >
>>I think it would be great if GZG put together a rulebook containing
the
>>rules out of the original rulebook, the bits from MT and the fleet
books
>>into a PDF. You don't need to upgrade to FT 3
>
>You don't need to upgrade to FT3, but it'd be very nearly as much work
>reconcile all the partly-contradicting and partly-superceding rules
from
>the four existing books and editing it into a legible whole as it would
be
>to actually write FT3. What's worse, only a small part of the FT2/FB
>consolidation editing work would be useful for FT3 - most of it would
have
>to be done all over again :-( Which is why it hasn't been done
"officially"
>yet.

Well, I did nearly all that work about a year ago, editing
together FT2, MT, FB1, and the new non-alien bits from FB2
into a single volume. (Suitable for space combat only: I
got the interface rules for space/ground transport wrong,
they need to be updated by somebody who plays SG/DS.)

If GZG want to put the PDF on their website for download
then I'll give it to them for free. Or GZG can give me
permission to put it on my website. I'll even promise not
to slip in any of my own new ideas :-)

I think it would be an improvement on expecting new players
to read all four books and figure out which bits belong
where. And since I've already done the work, it's not going
to slow down FT3.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] 6mm equivalent? Next: Re: [GZG] 6mm equivalent?