Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:40:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

I can't speak to folks who do 15mm, but for my 6mm stuff, I try to plan
out at least  a core of what I want for each force.

For my NRA (New Republic of America), I've used non-GZG minis consisting
of Ral Parth/Steve Jackson OGRE minis.	Mostly Combine, but I like the
PanE GEVs so I have some of them as well.

I have a large (more than a solid battalion) of more primitive units
(all wheeled and tracked) from the GZG Future Wars line.  Once I
oultined my basic company (3 x 4 tank platoons, plus command) I figured
out what kinds of tanks and APCs and such I wanted to use, and then
obtained them in company packets.  Thus, every time I get a set of new
minis for them, I try to buy a complete company.  Of course, with
command APCs, AA tanks, and the like, I end up over or under with some
vehicles, but it evens out over time.

I also have a bunch of the grav vehicles from the dirtside line
(DSM-114?) - a heavy grav tank, medium grav tank, and grav APC that I
use with Alder Kif infantry as alien raiders.

I have others as well, but not yet as well defined, nor filled out
enough to want to start painting. :)

> Not really, but it seemed like a good title considering how focused
the
> list has been on certain topics...
>
> My question is more to the hobby aspect of GZG gaming. I have been
> skirting around building forces in 15mm and seem to have done a lot of
> adhoc purchases that form nothing in particular. What strategies have
> folks used in assembling forces and keeping on track.
>
> So far I have the following -
>
> 3 hover scout cars 3 light hover tanks 3 combat walkers 2-3 platoons
of
> mid-tech infantry (AR, RPG, SAW)
>
> I have more possible additions but these are what I have ready to play
of
> my own sci-fi forces. I've mostly been playing with others minis up
until
> now.
>
> Thanks,

> Gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...