Prev: Re: [GZG] DS3? Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:58:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

I was actually thinking of off-table assets that are allocated to "deal
with" other off-table assets. There should certainly be rules for
allowing
you to "send things off the table" also though.

This creates (for me, and I may very well be a very small minority here)
the
interesting tactical choice of where I want to but some of my forces. Do
spend the point on offense? Or do I allocate a certain amount to
defending
my off-table assets?

I can sort of envision three broad ranges of off-table assets:

Close: Reachable from the table assets "off table" or by off-table
assets.
Far: Reachable by other initially off-table assets.
Distant: Unreachable by opponent's forces - ortillery, cruise missiles,
whatever.

"Off Table Assets" should probably end up with a specific list of what
defines that - essentially either other long-range weaponry, or vehicles
of
a certain speed. Some sort of mechanic for commandos (pick your term,
LRRPS,
Pathfinders, Space Marines, etc) should also be in place for putting
them
onto or having them in place for dealing with said assets.

Able to be abused? Sure. Pretty much all mechanics have that problem.
That's
why you play with people actually want to have fun in the same way that
you
do...

D. Rodemaker