Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:21:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

At 5:51 PM +0100 7/9/08, Ground Zero Games wrote:

>On a serious note, all the responses to this question do give me some
>guidance as to whether it is commercially worth us making actual
>minis of heavy artillery, SLAM vehicles and such which are never
>likely to appear on the Main Table in a typical game.

Hmm. I want to say, I've kitbashed up artillery when I didn't have it
handy in smaller form. Some of my RL Centurion tanks, got modified to
make a tube launched artillery vehicle that DOES get used on table. Same
thing for mortars with a couple of figures and some tubes on bipods. I
can't say I've much used the rocket artillery vehicles I setup.

For heavy artillery, just build a different turret for a large sized
tank. Make the turret MUCH taller, deeper and give it a couple of doors.
Make another vehicle that's a resupply track for it (same hull,
different turret that has no gun) and have a conveyor that sticks out
the back.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations