Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:05:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Ok, and here - as a scenario/campaign/game designer is where I also see
huge potential for added nuance and, dare I say, complexity.

If there are off table assets, especially if we are going to represent
them
with minis - I love the idea of being able to allocate assets to going
and
finding and then destroying them.

This could obviously be aerospace/VTOL/grav/whatever - but it could just
as
easily be small, fast moving units of ground troops as well. Or hell,
how
about just a couple of squads of elite commandos who have been sneaking
around waiting for their chance to act?

I really have to say that I like the idea of artillery being abstracted
like
aerospace support. I like the idea even more of being able to degrade it
in
various ways if you want to spend the points to try and do it -
essentially
a minigame (or extra layer of tactics/strategy if you prefer).

D. Rodemaker