Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

From: "Ryan Fisk" <ryan.fisk@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:02:41 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM, John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

> I find it really funny how the orginal request "what is the current
40k game
> like?" has generated a huge storm about people's bad experiences 10+
years
> ago with the game that bares little relationship to the current
version.

Nonsense, I played 40K from the Rogue Trader days and my wife has been
involved since 2nd Edition, the last time we were involved with 40K
was last November and I was very nearly an outrider at one time (and
two of my good friends were outriders).  The concerns raised here, in
the vast majority, STILL apply to GW.  They aren't evil, but they are
_not_ loyal to their customers (or their fans or their outriders).
Just wait, play long enough and they will do it to you too.  I expect
that in a few years you too will join the ex-GW player support group.

Til then, have fun, but don't try to tell us that things are
different, all it takes is thumbing through a White Dwarf to see they
haven't changed (see any squats?).  If GW changed, they would get a
TON of old players back, rather than providing a steady pool of
recruits for other games (or, unfortunately, no games in some cases).

And I'm the guy who LOVES their settings and listens to Death Metal.
:-)
(I have both my original Realms of Chaos books signed by the members
of Bolt Thrower)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolt_Thrower

--
Ryan Fisk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations