Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 08:40:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Paul on 07/04/2008 06:25:15 AM:

> Asking on a GZG list for an opinion of 40k vs. GZG isn't likely to
produce
> terribly balanced responses. It would be, like, going to a 40k list
and
> asking for an opinion on GZG.

I suspect most 40k players would reply 'who?'

A better example might be a SFB or AV/SI area; I've seen some pretty
weird
things said there.

Truth is, I'm part owner of a business that mostly depends on GW
product. I
have been in gaming, one way of another, for decades, and have the same
negative feelings about GW that have been expressed here. On the other
hand, most players I know and respect see these, and they DO see them,
as
examples of vibrant and adapting systems.

They also see it as money well spent, and I bless them for it. A few,
once
in awhile say, 'FT? Great game; we've got to give it a try again.' And
eventually do.

I do confess a sick thrill at hearing about a bad sculpt, 'that's just
disgusting...', and then seeing the critic buy three to complete his
army.

Of course, they paint, mostly well, and I don't. Consider it sour
grapes.

Is this flame-bait thread about over?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!