Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 18:59:56 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Flames of War does indeed allow you to use other companies' figures.
There
have been several armies made from Old Glory figs that have turned up in
tournaments. Wizkids is a silly analogy, because they have a very
specific
product and there are not any other people production Clix figures with
official stats on them. I don't think Mongoose bothers with tournaments
but
can't claim any expertise there.

-Eli

I know GZG is different, but, do the Flames of War people allow you to
bring
unofficial miniatures to play in their official tournaments?  Or the
Wizkids tournaments?  Does Mongoose Publishing let you bring homebrew
Shadow Omegas?

All of us can name a bunch of smaller companies that produce minis or
mini-like things that are 'open source' -- but I don't think any of the
larger, more popular game companies willingly embrace such an ideal.

So, I don't think the original assertion is invalid.  Has anybody
actually tried this and succeed with any of the bigger companies?
(Say Wizkids, Wizards of the Coast, SJ Games, Battlefront, Rackham --
the
things that the FLGS downstairs stocks.  I think I already know what GW
would
say.  (8-))

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!