Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:13:22 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

On Thu, July 3, 2008 03:44, Indy wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM, John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM, John Brewer <jbrewer@webtv.net>
wrote:
>> > Is there a CHEAPER version of WarHammer 40K?  I remember there was
>> > Napolionic Era game where the pieces are not painted minitures but
>> long
>> > cardboard counters representing unit battlelines.	Could there be a
>> series
>> > of cardboard counters that could used in place of the expensive
>> minitures?
>>
>> There's no version of carboard cutouts for any 3d figure wargame that
>> know of. If you want to use carboard counters it's a large scale
>> boardgame.
>>

> Ah, concerning your first statement, there is.
>
> From Full Thrust (2nd ed rules), page 44:
> "Although the game will work perfectly well using counters or other
> markers to represent starships..."

The Honor Harrington starship combat game also comes with
cardboard counters (well, boxes actually, with a picture of the
side/top/front etc of the ship on each side of the box).

When we first played Warhammer Fantasy (3rd Edition), we used our
own cardboard counters for our armies, since we couldn't afford
to buy the models. We just scrawled 'Elf' or 'Orc' on each counter
so we knew what it was...

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!