Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More 15mm Civilian/Colonists/Cops! Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:38:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

On Jun 30, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Does anyone out there actually recall having PLAYED a game of the old
> STRIKER II (the Traveller ground combat rules based on Command
> Decision)?

Yes.

> I imagine there are lots like myself who have read the
> rules, but how many people actually got the toys out on the table
> with them?

Not in years, or to put it another way, not since I switched to
tactical skirmish gaming for the most part.

> I'm interested in any memories of such games, but especially anyone
> who tried it with unequal tech matchups (eg: small hi-tech force vs.
> larger mid- or low-tech one).

Most of those sorts of match-ups I have played out with smaller scale
forces. Lo-tech spec-ops with anti-material rifles and command
detonated mines (both traditional and off-route) ambushing higher
tech forces.

Mostly it turned in to your typical asymmetric warfare situations,
using planing and ruthless exploitation of manpower to inflict
significant casualties in the high tech force.

These sort of scenarios don't play out well in the CD series of games.

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More 15mm Civilian/Colonists/Cops! Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....