Prev: Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas Next: Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas

Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:20:21 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas

Mike Stanczyk wrote:

>Nice.
>
>Hey Hugh?  Do you have a full set of FT icons, one per file, in png
format?

Not quite.

I have a full set of FT icon bits - basic outlines, digits,
etc that can be combined - as an Adobe Illustrator file.
They're arranged on a grid with invisible bounding boxes
for alignment, so I can drag and drop them onto new SSDs
reasonably quickly. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going
to redo all the SSDs on my personal web site with these, so
by the end of it I should have a collection of common icons
as well.

Saving icons as PNG (or similar bitmap) files would be easy,
but I'd need to know what resolution (72 dpi? 96 dpi?)
first. Or would people prefer Illustrator or EPS?

(A TrueType symbol font sounds ideal, but I've tried that
and it is way too hard for me. Gory details available on
request.)

And, most importantly, does GZG have any opinion on me
doing so? I assume GZG are OK with me publishing SSDs for
new ships on my web site, but the icons themselves are
clearly copied from GZG material. If for no other reason
than being polite, I'd like permission from Jon first.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas Next: Re: [GZG] New FT icon ideas