Prev: Re: [GZG] 2300, Traveller, D20, Nostalgia Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Re: Under the Hammer)

Re: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Under the Hammer)

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:50:01 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Under the Hammer)

On  Jun09 08, at 20:49, Robert N Bryett wrote:

> I think with Traveller, it's just the effect of the totally fractured
> base. The "franchise" has been so poorly managed over such a long
> period, that everyone plays IMTU and I don't think there's much love
> for any flavour.
>
> It just comes down to whatever your local group happens to play, but
> there are so many versions that it's hard now to see what makes a
> game "Traveller" as opposed to "My Random Space RPG". It could be the
> "Third Imperium" background, but there are at least, what, four
> different versions of that?

Two as far as I'm aware, Gurps and the official timeline.

5 or 6 different rules sets though.

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House
Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but
neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that
of any other participant, may be revealed"

Prev: Re: [GZG] 2300, Traveller, D20, Nostalgia Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Re: Under the Hammer)