Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller

Re: [GZG] Traveller

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:22:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Traveller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael R. Blair" <pellinoire@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:21 AM

I finally picked up my copy of Mongoose's version of Traveller on
Friday. I
am quite impressed and surprisingly not bothered by the artwork but then
of
course I have a large collection of old GURPS books so one becomes
inured to
rubbish artwork. I still think the original Traveller books were among
the
best illustrated RPG books of any with basically no artwork at all and a
nice clear layout.

The vehemence of some of the comments on the TMP aimed at Mongoose is
astonishing.

I've got the original Traveller book (the large hard bound printing of
the
booklets) and I'm with you, it was one of the best.
I think the vehemence you've noticed is just the fashionable anti
corporate
bias that seems to be everywhere these days.
Think I might just have to pick up the Mongoose offering if for no other
reason than to complete the collection...) I must say
that I rather like the GURPS Traveller background the most out of all
the
classic Traveller versions I've seen so far and I'm
a big fan of  Traveller 2300. I'm waiting on the new Traveller 2320 AD.
You
can get it as a PDF but, I'm rather old fashioned
and prefer a book.

Don

Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller