Prev: [GZG] Fwd: Ground Zero Games: Email address for FTSC creator Next: [GZG] Fwd: Ground Zero Games: Email address for FTSC creator

[GZG] Mold life times...

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 20:59:42 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: [GZG] Mold life times...

http://www.gearlog.com/2008/06/hasbro_showcases_new_star_wars.php

"Gearlog got a glimpse of Hasbro's upcoming toys today at a hotel in
midtown
Manhattan. While my colleagues were petting the scarily real plush
puppydogs,
I was distracted by the big Millennium Falcon sitting at the other end
of the
room. Chalk it up to adult ADD or just a lifelong obsession with a
galaxy far,
far away, but I couldn't wait to get a closer view of the thing.

Upon closer inspection, this was clearly not the same mockup of Han
Solo's
trusty, if well-worn, ship we've seen before. For starters, the ship is
a lot
bigger than I remember--30-percent, in fact. According to Hasbro, this
is the
first update to the toy Falcon in 30 years, because, after all this
time, the
mold they had been using to churn out ship after ship finally broke
down. So
why not go bigger and better? "

Every Falcon produced for the last THIRTY YEARS has been off the same
mold?
Oh my god.

I bet Jon wishes his molds had that kind of life...

Mike