Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

[GZG] K'Kree was Re: Bovine rebuttal

From: "Ryan Fisk" <ryan.fisk@g...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:33:03 -0600
Subject: [GZG] K'Kree was Re: Bovine rebuttal

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM,  <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:
> Wow, though militant Vegan may not be too accurate. Militant
Vegetarian
> perhaps, but definitely not Vegan if they are killing other living
beings.
> Not that I care all that much, but I know a few Vegans who would be
quite
> cross at you for making the mistake..;)
>
> Thanks for the headsup on the K'Kree. Not too familiar with Traveller,
but
> they did always seem to have very interesting aliens.

While certainly not definitive, I was using vegan in the following
sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan
"Veganism is a philosophy and lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use
of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Vegans endeavor
not to use or consume animal products of any kind. The most common
reasons for becoming a vegan are ethical commitment or moral
convictions concerning animal rights, the environment, human health,
and spiritual or religious concerns."

The K'Kree certainly fit the above, they are just very militant about
spreading the word or else :-)

I also think the K'Kree consider killing carnivores to be an act of
mercy.

It wasn't until the Hivers showed them how real cultural wars were
fought that they backed off.  (short version with some details left
out:  They managed to convert 4 K'Kree worlds into VERY slight
omnivorism (pretty much what we might consider the equivalent to say
fish vegetarianism), which horrified the K'Kree overall, so they
sterilized 4 of their own worlds, and left the Hivers alone for the
most part)

The K'Kree make a very interesting style of species for a wargame,
given that they are also claustrophobes and will also go completely
nuts if left alone for even very short periods.  I can't recall all
the details, but all of their vehicles and ships are VERY massive
because the minimum crew size is around 6-8 (plus they are physically
massive, being the size of a small horse) and they can't really even
have a closed door between them and even then the crews are considered
rather crazy by everyone else in their society.

--
Ryan Fisk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal