Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep Next: Re: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies)

Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 23:41:36 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

n I first mentioned this, my mind turned not to commercial ventures, but
more to support the start-up of colonies. By sending frozen embryos
instead of livestock, you reduce the overall weight and cargo needed for
livestock for the transit which ultimately will keep costs down for such
ventures. Once on site, you can then go into full embryo growth and
maturity using whatver technology you have for the setting. This of
course assumes that you can nourish your sheep from suppliments and
synthetic protiens and such until you have established conventional
agriculture.

Of course I having nothing scientific to base this on, but then again,
I'm a sci-fi fan, not a scientist.

-Eli

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@gmail.com>