Prev: Re: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] web hosting services

Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:46:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

I'm on lots of forums, and frankly, they don't measure up to this list.

Adding a forum ALSO would probably dilute interest without adding much
value.

One thing that GZG might benefit from, though, is a GZG wiki, perhaps
running mediawiki (the engine Wikipedia runs on). I could see lots of
value in taking background material or house rules that aren't
necessarily official and making them articles on a wiki. Similar to
the platoons article. Also, one perennial complaint is there are a ton
of miniatures for which we don't have pictures-- this is something the
community can actively help you with, by taking the catalog (linking
to your online store) and providing indices of all your miniatures
with product number, photos, links to store and national affiliations.

It would also provide some longevity to stuff that appears on this
mailing list, like the "Siege of Sol" emails, or Beth's population
numbers.

Like any wiki, the downside is the need for enthusiasts to patrol the
wiki for abuses and well-meaning but illegal uses of copyrighted
material, etc. But many small wikis do quite well with that.

Rob

--
Robert Mayberry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] web hosting services