Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies and FTL communications Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Re: [GZG] Still "colinies" :)

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 17:41:15 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Still "colinies" :)

At 1:44 AM +0200 5/13/08, Enzo de Ianni wrote:

>You see, John, my original comment was inspired by the reflection
>somebody (can't remember who) did about how much space would a land
>unit occupy on a spaceship and the dimension of such a transport,
>with the final reflection proposed upon the very small total size of
>an interstellar invasion force.
>While all the reflection of the original post are sound, given my
>opinion of a limited usefulness of the small elite units, such a
>small size of an invasion force would mean that interstellar
>invasions would simply be impossible, even in the SF universe we game.

How big is the colony? How many forces can they put up in defense? How
many forces can you bring along in your jump capable Gator Carrier. I
guarantee you that a 3 ship USMC MEU can EASILY deal with most countries
and effect a takeover. It'd be bloody but they could do exactly what
they want. Depending on the will of the people to defend or just let the
new lot of tyrants come in that is.

Having the high ground and being able to exert control from above would
assist the problem greatly.

Why do I see a Bolo coming into this?

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies and FTL communications Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles