Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles - Phalanx etc.

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:22:42 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles - Phalanx etc.

> I can't recall off-hand if GZG's "Phalanx" and similar vehicles are
> V-bottomed; but if they are they could easily be at least as
mine-resistant
> as today's MRAPs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan

I had a look at my 6mm ones and they look reasonable to me. They consist

of separate chassis and superstructure. The chassis is a central spine
with encased axles. Plenty of space for a blast to dissipate, thought
the underside of the chassis is fairly flat and could be more V-shaped.
The superstructure has well sloped lower sides.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles