Prev: [GZG] Still "colinies" :) Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: "Ryan GIll" <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:47:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Balloon tyres are good for reducing the ground pressure such that an at
weight mine won't be set off. However some mines have different
initiators or settings for trigger weight that can be set when laid to
reduce vehicle counter measures.

The South African and Rhodesian pookie and similar vehicles use the
large wide tyres with low ground pressure AND have v shaped hulls to
minimize dmage as well.

If I'm the red force commander and laying mines where balloon tyres and
hover are vehicle counter measures, ill set them up for using magnetic
variance or audio transducers (already in use in off route mines) and
other non contact type initiators.

--
Ryan Gill
sent from my treo

 From: Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com>
Subject: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles
To: gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu
Date: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 1:33 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/military-adds-armor-to-ir_n_101
083.html  Jon (or someone else) should make some wheel models that look
like the new generation of mine resistant vehicles we're seeing. They
look pretty interesting.  --  "Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest
of the station. It is a terrible responsibility but I have learned to
live with it." Londo, A Voice in the Wilderness, Part I  "To argue with
a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering
medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine	Thomas Paine

Prev: [GZG] Still "colinies" :) Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies