Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: "Ryan GIll" <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:49:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Ill have to research this. But it seems like on reflection it'll depend
also on the intensity of the conflict and the distance you are from the
b-echelon or supply vehicles.

In ww2, I don't think a lot of the british armoured cars carried spares.
The idea being if things were hot enough to need spares when you have
runflats ( dunlop trakgrips in this case) the its too hot to stop and
change the tire.

Conversely if you're policing the empire and dealing with irgun or
malayan insurgents, you might see spare tires fitted to various armoured
cars. My humber has  spare tire mount fitted, but I am uncertainif that
is a post war or portugese fit or not. The bracket is quite simple. Post
war the newly designed ferret had a 5th spare. Its bigger brothers, the
saracen and saladin did not. Dingos and daimler acs did not carry
spares. Though postwar daimler acs certainly do appear with spare tires.

ill have to inquire with wheeled armour collectors and folks like david
fletcher.

--
Ryan Gill
sent from my treo