Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:28:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Oerjan Ariander
<orjan.ariander1@comhem.se> wrote:

>  I think his examples "SAS, Delta Force or a few companies of
powersuited
>  infantry" were pretty clear: extremely competent, but also very
small. He's
>  talking about forces up to *a few companies* in size; in your
>  counter-example you talk about your *brigade*. There's a slight
difference
>  in scale between a brigade and a few companies :-/

I can't imagine trying to use SAS or Delta Force alone for any
operation, unless you are doing a 19th-century style "Butcher and
Bolt" punitive operation.  Which has its place in some settings--and a
few companies of powersuited infantry would probably be able to do so
on a low-tech world.  After all, how many stands of 'leg' infantry
would you feel was a fair matchup in DSII vs a short battalion of
powered armor?

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies