Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't?? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 04:21:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM,  <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> wrote:

>  > In order to address this, tweaking downwards the IF pop and/or
upwards
>  > the NI pop might be workable. What do you think? Seems to me that
if
>  > the holocaust that destroyed Israel was bad, the neighbours would
be
>  > getting seriously reduced in retributive return.
>
>  True and there is plenty of space to do that. But if you look the IF
>  populations on Earth are already comparable with that of the NI, its
>  just the IF have a much broader base of people to draw on globally as
>  migrants than the NI. I can chase up some figures for you later, but
off
>  to a meeting.

Yeah, but looking at quality vs quantity. . .

Blegh.	I wouldn't want to start an off-world colony that relied on
advanced technology with Arab colonists responsible for doing the
upkeep.  It would have to be perfectly habitable to begin with.

On the other hand, most inhabitants of Israel (and the world-wide
population of folks that might emigrate to New Israel) are educated
and familiar with technology beyond the goat-herder stage.

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't?? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies